Accessibility Statement for the website actimage.com
Actimage is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Actimage takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of actimage.com:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Make a complete redesign of our company design and tools for accessibility of AA level
- Advocate and advice for accessibility towards our clients and prospects
- Include accessibility in our consulting, designing and developing expertises
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) (url : https://www.w3.org/WAI/standards-guidelines/wcag/) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
Actimage.com is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
The French government has defined a standard called RGAA ( url : https://www.numerique.gouv.fr/publications/rgaa-accessibilite/methode-rgaa/references/) which stands for Accessibility General Referential for Administrations. This referential is based off the worldwide standards of WCAG. RGAA sets the standards and requirements that are observed by Actimage when considering the accessibility of its websites and digital solutions.
Additional accessibility considerations
Actimage.com has few videos, but each one of them has captions in order to be accessible to deaf people, people not confortable with the langage and people without headphones. One such video can be found on this page : https://www.actimage.com/en/credentials/hol-autisme/
The body of the text is always a dark grey font on a white background. This passes the AA requirement for contrast for small text. Some buttons, headers and hover-status are in red font on white background, which passes the AA requirements for large text.
The website design is consistent and the information is always found in the same place. The information is never given by only changing color, but also by a short and subtle animation. One exception of this being the langage button. Animations are subtle and slow. The website is safe to use for people with photosensitivity. There is no audio content that loads automatically.
Our fill-in-forms are structured, organized and clear. The important information is labelled with an *. The errors are clearly indicated with visual elements. It may be improved with clear examples.
Such a fill-in-form can be found here : https://www.actimage.com/en/contact/
The design is responsive in order to be read on any device, and with any level of zoom.
We use headers in order to properly structure our pages. There is only one h1 (main header of the page) per page. We never skip headers levels. A h2 (header level 2) always precedes a h3 (header level 3).
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of actimage.com. Please let us know if you encounter any accessibility barrier on actimage.com :
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Postal address: 6 Rue Guy de Gouyon-du-Verger, 94110 Arcueil, France
- LinkedIn page : https://www.linkedin.com/company/actimage/
We try to respond to feedback within 2 days. We try to implement changes to improve accessibility as soon as possible, depending on staff availability and budget.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Actimage does not have access (or has a limited access) to some of the following assistive technologies. These technologies were still taken into consideration while designing the website.
At the time of writing, some of these technologies might still encounter issues with the website.
actimage.com is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The website is fully responsive and compatible with zooms and magnification softwares
- Braille displays should be able to translate the website content
- Screenreaders should be able to read the entire website but navigation might prove difficult due to some buttons and pictures having perfectible names and descriptions
- Keyboard navigation is possible but unconfortable due to a lack of visible focus status
- Voice recognition and voice commands are abled but navigation might prove difficult due to some buttons and pictures having perfectible names and descriptions
- Alternative keyboards and workstations should work on the website, but navigation might prove difficult due to some buttons and pictures having perfectible names and descriptions
- We currently cannot garantee that litteracy softwares are compatible with the website
- We currently cannot garantee that customization softwares are compatible with the website
actimage.com is not compatible with:
- Currently, keyboard navigation is possible but not ideal. This is due to a lack of visual focus for the elements of the website.
- Currently, voice command navigation might prove difficult because of the poor naming of some anchors and buttons.
- Currently, it is possible to navigate on the website with a screen reader. That said, some pictures are lacking alternative text or might have an alternative text that is not relevant enough.
Accessibility of actimage.com relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of actimage.com, there might be some limitations. Below, is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for actimage.com:
- Uploaded images may not have text alternatives ; or alternative texts might not be relevant because The current version of the website was not made perfectly accessible because of a lack of knowledge at the time of development. We are planning to fully review and rework the alt-text of the website in the weeks following this statement. Please contact us via the mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any limitation.
- Navigating with the keyboard is possible but might prove difficult since there is no visual indicator for focus. The current version of the website was not made perfectly accessible because of a lack of knowledge at the time of development. We are planning to add a visual indicator of the focus on the website in the weeks following this statement. Please contact us via the mail email@example.com if you encounter any limitation.
- Contrast might not be sufficient for some buttons and elements because The current version of the website was not made perfectly accessible because of a lack of knowledge at the time of development. We are planning to fully review and rework the contrast of the website’s elements in the weeks following this statement. Please contact us via the mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any limitation.
- It is impossible to stop the video on the homepage. This video has no audio and has a black layer on top of it. It is safe for people with photosensitivity and will not inconvenience screen-readers or voice command. Therefore it was not considered an issue at the time of development. A pause button will be added as soon as possible on this video. Please contact us via the mail email@example.com if you encounter any limitation.
Actimage assessed the accessibility of actimage.com by using self-evaluation.
This statement was created on 17 March 2020 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.